1 Samuel 1:27 For this child I prayed, and the LORD has granted me my petition that I made to him.
Monday, May 11, 2009
Need Advice!!!
So, I have a client. Lets call her Norah. She came in here about one year and nine months ago. She was 16 and had just gotten out of the hospital because her dad had beat her up. She came into the counseling room with a black eye and an arm brace. She was pregnant, her dad was going to jail, and the father of her baby was no help at all. She started doing parenting classes with me, and we became really good friends. She was living with her grandmother and still going to high school. At six months pregnant, her grandmother died. She was now living with her aunt and her aunts girlfriend. She had her son and continued in high school. During this time we became friends, and I started to feel a responsibility for her. She had no one to teach her what was right and what was wrong. For a long time we went out to lunch or grabbed dessert. After that, we kind of went separate ways. Basically, I dropped the ball. It wasn't until today that I heard from her. She called the Pregnancy center and wanted to come back in for a pregnancy test. It was positive, but she is miscarrying. The father of this baby is 21. She is 17. Her aunt has kicked her out and she has no where to stay but her "boyfriends" house. This is where your prayers come in. John and I have both fallen in love with Norah. We kind of look at her as our adopted child and we have felt God calling us to do something for her or with her to help her out in some way. We aren't sure what this looks like. At the same time we have been asking God to show us how He wants us to use this house. Just yesterday John said that he had been thinking about Norah and praying for her. He told me that he was thinking that we needed to ask her and her son to come move in with us. That next day is when she called me. So here is the problem. We leave for Guatemala in 6 weeks and will be gone for an entire month. She cannot live with us until we get back from that. I don't know where she can go, but I don't want her staying at her boyfriends house. I'm not sure if we should get her an apartment close by our house, or if we should just wait until we get back or what. Pray for us to make the right choices on everything and pray for us to follow God's will and please please please pray for God to make it clear to us what His will for us is!!! Thanks!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey girl there are a lot of teen housing resources if you need them. You have a great heart. We need more people like you!
Post a Comment